Hair loss during pregnancy is relatively common and cannot cause excessive anxiety.
Hair loss during pregnancy and after pregnancy is a type of symptom that lots of of the women that are pregnant fight with. You are able to notice excessive hair loss either during pregnancy or after pregnancy. Whenever a woman’s body gets recovery from being pregnant, few hormonal changes occur. This characteristic of pregnancy could be noted for a long time. During the period of pregnancy, many hairs of the pregnant woman usually enter the resting (telogen) phase. And following childbirth, some women will start to face the issue of hair thinning in a great amount. This phase can last for nearly 6 months and then generally, it dissolves automatically. Like other changes, this hair loss problem is also transient.
Reasons for Hair Fall While pregnant?
There are two basic factors that bring about hair loss and hair loss during pregnancy,
- The main cause for hair thinning is fluctuations within the hormone levels, predominantly, oscillations within the estrogen profile.
- Dietary errors and nutrient inadequacies are essential contributing factors too. Notably, in case your diet lacks essential minerals and vitamins during the pregnancy, it triggers hair loss.
While hormonal fluctuations can’t be treated, lack should be corrected immediately, or can lead to unfavorable impact on the baby’s growth.
Preventing Hair Loss during Pregnancy
1. Talk to your doctor. If you’re experiencing hair thinning, it is most likely caused by fluctuating estrogen level. Your personal doctor may be able to look at your hormone levels and, if required, prescribe additional vitamin or mineral supplements. At the minimum, she can reassure you that some hair thinning is normal.
2. Lower your anxiety. Stress plays a large role inside your body’s all around health, including the health of the hair. Feeling consumed with stress can actually boost the amount of hair thinning.
3. Eat well. Pregnancy-related hair thinning can be a characteristic of a diet deficient in essential vitamins and nutrients. Ensure that you are eating a well-balanced diet, with sufficient fruits and vegetables, and taking any nutritional vitamin supplements your doctor has prescribed.
4. Step-up the intake of the next foods: soy, tofu, soy milk, kidney beans, milk, cottage type cheese, carrots, and limes. They’re dubbed as hair foods. They promote hair regrowth, check hair loss and nourish the roots and scalp.
5. Aroma oils have turned out to be decidedly good at the treatment of remaining hair head disorders. A herbal massage yields fantastic results. Essential oils help treat dandruff in addition to hair fall, also these oils battle stress successfully. Aroma oils are comforting, relaxing and heartening, they buoy you up and drive out anxiety and stress.
6. Conversely, make sure that you use only pure and genuine essential oils, and just those aroma oils which have been permitted while pregnant.
7. Avoid frequent hair washings, and avoid over-styling your hair. You may also want to consider a brief style until a minimum of 6 months postpartum, when levels of estrogen return to normal and hair thinning is minimized.
Preventing Hair Fall during Pregnancy: Diet for Hair regrowth
- Follow a wholesome, well-balanced and proper diet. Consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, eggs, milk, yogurt, legumes, sprouts and whole grain products.
- Certain foods are known as ‘hair foods’, these are: soy, kidney beans, milk, yogurt, cottage type cheese, lettuce, alfalfa, carrots, and celery. They promote good hair regrowth, ward off hair loss and nourish the scalp.
- Eliminate refined and junk foods altogether, they offer only empty calories.
- Stress boosts the severity of hair loss, include particular foods that elevate the atmosphere and prevent irritability.